Course: Algebra I Angela Estrada Term 2
Unit of Study: Linear Functions (Systems Emphasis)
What's Happening This Week: December 9-13, 2019
IXL Lessons:Under the Algebra 1 Tab
Assigned: Monday, Dec. 2nd
Due: Monday, Dec. 9th, by 7 a.m.
1. S.25- Slopes of Parallel and Perpendicular Lines
2. S.26- Write an equation for a parallel or perpendicular line.
3. T.3- Graph a two-variable linear inequality.
Weekly IXL Review On-Line Lessons:
Under the Algebra 1 Tab
To Be Assigned: Monday, Dec. 9th
Due: Monday, Dec. 16th, by 7 a.m.
1. U.5- Find the number of solutions to a system of equations.
2. U.8- Solve a system using substitution.
3. U.10- Solve a system using elimination.
Weekly Assignments and Due Dates:
Monday: Graphing Systems of Linear Inequalities; Review of Real World Applications of Systems
Tuesday: Station Rotation Activity- Solving Systems in Pairs or Small Groups; Students will receive their Cumulative Assessment #4 Review Guide today.
Wednesday: Cumulative Assessment #4 Review (Part 1); Completion of the Station Rotation Activity
Thursday: Cumulative Assessment Review (Part 2)
Friday: Cumulative Assessment #4
Mini- Project Activity with Due Dates: N/A
Test Dates: Cumulative Assessment #4- Friday, Dec. 13th (Major Category)
Monday: Real World Systems Applications and IXL
Tuesday: Cumulative Assessment Review Guide and IXL
Wednesday: Cumulative Assessment Review Guide and IXL
Thursday: Study for tomorrow's test.Friday: Complete IXL Lessons if needed. Due Monday by 7 a.m.
Regular Term 2 Tutoring and Make-Up Testing Schedule:
- Mornings- Monday through Friday (Between 7:30-7:55 due to Term 2 Morning Duty)
- Afternoon tutorial is held every Wednesday afternoon from 3:35 - 4:30.
- Make-Up Tests: (in my room)
- Wednesday afternoons
- If the quiz or test cannot be taken at this time, the student will need to make arrangements with me for a morning make-up assessment. I will need to be informed the day before.