Course: Algebra I Angela Estrada Term 2
Unit of Study: Functions
What's Happening This Week: October 21-25, 2019
Weekly IXL On-Line Lessons:
Under the Algebra 1 Tab
To Be Assigned Monday, Oct. 21st
Due Monday, Oct. 28th, by 7 a.m.
1. Q.5- Identify functions-vertical line test
2. Q.7- Evaluate a function.
Weekly Assignments and Due Dates:
Monday: ACT Aspire Review
Tuesday: 9th Grade ACT Aspire Test (a.m.); Group Creations of Functions Review using Kahoot (p.m. classes)
Wednesday: 9th Grade ACT Aspire Test (a.m.); Group Creations of Functions Review using Kahoot (p.m.)
Thursday: 1. Recap of the Functions Unit 2. Using Slope as a Rate of Change
Friday: 1. Introduction of the Average Rate of Change 2. Quiz 4
Mini- Project Activity with Due Dates: N/A
Test Dates: 9th Grade ACT Aspire Test (Tuesday and Wednesday a.m.); Quiz 4- Friday, Oct.25th
Monday: Analyzing Linear/Non-Linear Functions Handout (Assigned last Friday and Due Thursday) and IXL
Tuesday: Analyzing Linear/Non-Linear Functions Handout (Due Thursday) and IXL Lessons
Wednesday: IXL; Analyzing Linear/Non-Linear Functions Handout is due tomorrow.
Thursday: Slope WS if Incomplete; Study for Quiz 4.Friday: IXL Lessons are due Monday by 7 a.m.
Regular Term 2 Tutoring and Make-Up Testing Schedule:
- Mornings- Monday through Friday (Between 7:30-7:55 due to Term 2 Morning Duty)
- Afternoon tutorial is held every Wednesday afternoon from 3:35 - 4:30.
- Make-Up Tests: (in my room)
- Wednesday afternoons
- If the quiz or test cannot be taken at this time, the student will need to make arrangements with me for a morning make-up assessment. I will need to be informed the day before.