Click on the Link Below to view the entire lesson plan in fullWeek of November 28, 2022 Symbiosis
Bayou View Middle School - Weekly Lesson Plan
- Week of: November 28, - December 2, 2022
- Teacher: Kidd/ M. Lee
- Essential Question: What factors interact and cause an effect on an organism’s population or its ecosystem’s health?
- Target Question: What are limiting factors and how do they affect population growth?
- Weekly Objectives:
- L.6.3 Students will demonstrate an understanding of the relationships between survival, environmental changes, and diversity as they relate to the interactions of organisms, populations, and the environment.
- L.6.3.4 Investigate organism interactions in a competitive or mutually beneficial relationship (predation, competition, cooperation, or symbiotic relationships
Procedure: For bell work, students will read expectations for outside activity. For classwork, students will participate in a game of “Oh Deer” in which they are deer in search of food, water, or shelter. As they search, they will encounter different limiting factors such as drought, fire, hunters, or cars that will cause the deer population to decline.
Procedure: For bell work, students will read an article on symbiosis and answer text-based questions. For classwork, students will watch the Study James symbiosis video clip and take guide notes on symbiosis.
Procedure: For bell work, complete a review activity on symbiosis. For classwork, students will take guided notes on food chains and food webs. They will create a food chain with that includes their animal.