Degrees and Certifications:
Ms. Williamson's Classroom
Hello and welcome!
My name is Ms. Williamson and I am so excited for this year!
In 2015, I graduated from The University of Southern Mississippi, where I obtained my Bachelor's Degree. This is my fifth year being a teacher and I couldn't imagine doing anything else! I can't wait to watch our class family grow! I am happy you are here!
2ND GRADE CLASSROOM NEWS
September 16th-20th, 2019
- Math- Use addition and subtraction within 100 to solve one- and two-step word problems
- Writing- With guidance and support from adults and peers, focus on a topic and strengthen writing as needed by revising and editing.
- Reading- Describe the connection between a series of historical events, scientific ideas or concepts, or steps in technical procedures in a text.
- September 18th-School Day Pictures
- September 18th- Math Assessment (DCA)
- September 19th- Reading Assessment (DCA)
- September 20th- School Dance, 5pm
- October 4th- Field Trip to Hancock Performing Arts Center
More important information:
- DCA-( District Common Assessment.) Each student in the Gulfport School District will take this assessment each month to track student progress. This test shows what standards each individual class masters and/or needs extra time on.
- Each Wednesday morning, all 2nd grade students have P.E. Please make sure your child has on appropriate shoes.
- Please sign your child’s behavior and homework nightly. If you have any questions, please let us know!
Thank you, parents and guardians for being proactive role models for our students! We appreciate the continued support from you!