Bayou View Middle School - Weekly Lesson Plan
- Week of: October 18-22, 2021
- Teacher: Kidd
- Essential Question: What is the structure and function of living things?
- Target Question: How do scientist classify organisms into kingdoms using shared structural or behavioral characteristics?
- Weekly Objectives: L.6.4 Students will demonstrate an understanding of classification tools and models such as dichotomous keys to classify representative organisms based on the characteristics of the kingdoms: Archaebacteria, Eubacteria, Protists, Fungi, Plants, and Animals. L.6.4.2 Use classification methods to explore the diversity of organisms in kingdoms (animals, plants, fungi, protists, bacteria). Support claims that organisms have shared structural and behavioral characteristics.
- Extra Credit: Students will have the option to complete Incredulous Critters Building Dichotomous Keys for a drop grade card for science. This will be due Friday, October 29, 2021.
Procedure: Students will read and annotate the Article of The Week for bell work. Students will watch a video clip about the six kingdoms of life. Students will cut out and assemble the 6-kingdom booklet.
Procedure: Students will answer questions related to Article of the Week for bell work. Students will highlight notes in the 6-Kingdom Booklet. Students will also complete as a class the 6-Kingdom dichotomous key.
Procedure: Students will complete an assignment related to Article of Week for bell work. Students will watch the Flocabulary-Six Kingdoms video and complete the following assignments: vocab cards, vocab game, read & respond, and quiz. Flocabulary-Six Kingdoms assignments will be a daily grade.
Procedure: Students will complete an assignment related to Article of Week for bell work. Students will complete a digital activity in which they will sort organisms into the 6 Kingdoms.
Friday 10/22Procedure: Students will complete an assignment related to Article of Week for bell work. Students will complete math problems in iReady Math.