This weeks objectives
- Describe the evidence that distinguishes ionic from molecular or atomic solids.
- Given the formula of an ionic or molecular substance, state its name.
- Given the name of ionic or molecular substance, write its formula.
- From the name or formula of a substance determine whether that substance is ionic or molecular.
- Describe chemical changes in terms of rearranging atoms to form new substances
- Recognize that the total number of particles (sum of the coefficients) can change during a reaction because of differences in the bonding ratios of each substance.
- Recognize that the total number of atoms does not change during a reaction because every reactant atom must be included in a product molecule.
- Learn to describe reactions in terms of macroscopic observations
- Learn to describe reactions in terms of microscopic behavior of atoms.
- Learn to write balanced equations to represent these changes symbolically.
- Explain that the coefficients in a chemical equation describe the quantities of the moles of the substances involved.
- Observe basic patterns in the way substances react and learn to generalize them to other reactions students encounter.
- Describe endothermic and exothermic reactions in terms of storage or release of chemical potential enerthe individual atoms or molecules involve
Topics of Study
Monday, April 12, 2021- Ionic Naming, Presentations Due
Tuesday, April 13, 2021- Molecular Naming
Wednesday, April 14, 2021- Mixed Naming
Thursday, April 15, 2021- Nail Lab
Friday, April 16, 2021-Nail Lab
** We will present projects daily 4/13-4/16
Monday - none
Tuesday - none
Thursday - none
Friday - none
*none means none was assigned- study if you need to!*
Test and Quiz Dates
Important Dates to Remember