Students that attend The Learning Center are required to wear a school uniform.
- ALL STUDENTS, WHETHER ON BEHAVIORAL OR ACADEMIC PLACEMENT, MUST ADHERE TO THE LEARNING CENTER DRESS CODE!
- STUDENTS MUST REMAIN IN DRESS CODE AT ALL TIMES DURING SCHOOL INCLUDING ON THE BUS TO AND FROM SCHOOL!
The Learning Center Dress Code
Good learning situations depend on the best possible behavior and attitude of students. Students should be encouraged to take pride in themselves and to strive to meet public expectations. Students should be neat and clean, thus reflecting favorably on themselves and the school. Where there is any doubt that students are not adhering to the standards of dress, the principal or designee will render the final decision.
TLC Dress Code:
Uniform shirts for The Learning Center may be purchased at the school. The cost of the shirt is $8.00. Shirts may be purchased with cash only.Available Sizes:Youth SmallYouth MediumYouth LargeAdult SmallAdult MediumAdult LargeAdult Extra LargeAdult Extra Extra Large (2XL)
- No hats, caps or other head covering are allowed on the bus or in the building.
- No sagging pants. Pants must be worn around the waist. Pants must have belt loops. ALL CLOTHES MUST FIT PROPERLY.
- Belts are to be worn properly at all times. No oversized belt buckles or buckles with lighted displays are allowed. BELTS MUST BE VISIBLE.
- Only full length, tan colored khaki pants are allowed. No oversized pockets. No decorations visible other than on the two back pockets and nothing larger that the student's thumb pad for the front watch pocket.
- Closed-in shoes (tennis shoes or boat shoes) must be worn at all times. No house shoes, shower shoes, flip flops, sandals, Crocs, high heels, oxfords, etc. Shoes must be fully laced and tied at all times. Students will not be allowed to tuck shoestrings into their shoes. Shoes may not be above the ankle bone. HI-TOPS are not allowed!
- Only navy blue or grey colored, polo style shirts with sleeves may be worn. No decoration larger than the pad of the student's thumb for an emblem on the polo-style shirt. Hooded garments are not allowed.
- No see-through clothing is allowed. No cut up jeans or pants of any type will be allowed. No holes.
- Capri pants are not allowed.
- Undergarments must be worn at all times during the school day and may not be visible on the outside. T-Shirts that are worn under the school uniform must be white. There should be no visible writing on the T-Shirt.
- Any style of clothing tending toward immodest, indecent or risqué dress is prohibited.
- Students are only allowed to wear a watch for jewelry. Any other jewelry will be taken and kept. It will be returned to the student on the student’s last day at The Learning Center.
- Shirts are to be tucked in at all times.
- Upon arrival, jackets are to be placed on the coat rack in the main hall. All jackets must be labeled with the student's name. Jackets with suggestive symbols or gestures are not permitted. Jacket's advertising drugs or drug culture, reference to gangs, tobacco, alcohol, or implying violent or unlawful acts are not permitted.
- Students may wear a long sleeve, white, knit shirt under the uniform shirt. IT CANNOT BE A THERMAL SHIRT.
- Students are not allowed to wear shorts.
- T-shirts of the underwear type cannot be worn as an outside garment. This does include plain white T-shirts.
- Non-permanent dental coverings or extensions (i.e., grills, foil, etc.) are not allowed.
- Hair should be clean, neat, and a natural-looking color. Students are not allowed to have unnatural shades of hair color (i.e. pink, red, purple, etc.).
- Hair bands (ponytail holders only) must be brown or black. They must be worn to secure the hair. Students will not be allowed to have the bands around their wrists. Other hair accessories including but not limited to bows, headbands (including elastic style headbands), and ribbons are not allowed.