Welcome to Mr. Middleton's 10th Grade U.S. History Class!
Parents...ENCOURAGE THEM AND THEY WILL DO WELL!
My desire is that each student is so inspired that she takes what is learned today from the classroom table to the dining room table.
Mr. Middleton can be reached by email: email@example.com
- MLK Day
- Return to Normalcy document. Have students read and complete questions in pairs, then debrief.
- Harding coins his “return to Normalcy” catch phrase.
a. Group Activity: Primary Document – Return to Normalcy Speech
b. Political Cartoon – “Return to Normalcy
- Consumerism in the 1920’s
a. NVPS Resource: Close Read 1: Consumerism in the 1920’s
- John Scopes Trial:
a. SHEG - John Scopes Trial
- Jazz Age PowerPoint
b) Location, Clothing, Entertainment
c) Reface Relation
d) Black Musicians vs. white musicians
e) Role of Women
f) Role of Radio
- Students use notes to answer questions on teacher-made handout.
- Students will write a one-page story about what it would be like to live in the Jazz Age
- Mixed Practice Test