Bayou View Middle School - Weekly Lesson Plan
- Week of: October 25-29, 2021
- Teacher: Kidd
- Essential Question: What is the structure and function of living things?
- Target Question: How do scientist study protists?
- Weekly Objectives: L.6.4 Students will demonstrate an understanding of classification tools and models such as dichotomous keys to classify representative organisms based on the characteristics of the kingdoms: Archaebacteria, Eubacteria, Protists, Fungi, Plants, and Animals. L.6.4.4 Conduct investigations using a microscope or multimedia source to compare the characteristics of protists (euglena, paramecium, amoeba) and the methods they use to obtain energy and move through their environment (e.g., pond water).
- Extra Credit: Students will have the option to complete Incredulous Critters Building Dichotomous Keys for a drop grade card for science. This will be due Friday, October 29, 2021.
Procedure: Students will complete a study guide for unit test on dichotomous keys, classification, and kingdoms. Students will participate in a review game either in Blooket or Quizizz.
Procedure: Students will be given ten minutes to review for the unit test. Students will take a unit test on classification, dichotomous keys, and the six kingdoms. Early Finishers will complete a color by number on classification.
Procedure: Students will complete an assignment related to Article of Week for bell work. Students will watch an Amoeba Sisters-Fungi vs Protists video clip and answer text-based questions about the video. Students will be able to rewatch as needed to complete the assignment.
Procedure: Students will complete an assignment related to Article of Week for bell work. Students will investigate protists using microscopes in a lab activity.
Friday 10/29Procedure: Students will complete an assignment related to Article of Week for bell work. Students will create an infographic about protists movement and how they obtain energy.