Q1 Week 9: September 19-23
RL7.10: By the end of the year, read and comprehend literature in the grades 6-8 complexity band proficiently, with scaffolding as needed at the high end of the range.
RI.7.10: By the end of the year, read and comprehend literary nonfiction in the grades 6-8 complexity band proficiently, with scaffolding as needed at the high end of the range.
W.7.3: Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, relevant descriptive details, and well-structured event sequences.
Assignments and Tests/Quizzes
Tuesday, September 20: September DCA (Assessment Grade)
Friday, September 23: Personal Narrative Writing projects due in class (Assessment Grade)
Monday, September 19
- We will review for tomorrow's DCA.
Tuesday, September 20
- Students will take the September DCA (Assessment Grade).
Wednesday, September 21
- We will read and listen to "Don't Violate My People," a podcast featuring Mmachi Dimoriaku.
- Students will work on rough drafts of their personal narratives.
Thursday, September 22
- Students will pair up with a classmate and peer-review the rough drafts of their narratives.
- Students will begin writing the final drafts of their narratives.
- Students will complete their personal narratives and submit them on Google Classroom.