February is FAFSA TIME at GHS!!!!!
Schedule your FAFSA appointment at the front desk in guidance for free help filling it out! The FAFSA is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Colleges and the government use this application to give you money for college. All seniors planning to attend college in the fall should complete the FAFSA. Appointments times are available February 23-25 from 8:00- 5:30 and Feb. 27 from 8:00 – 11:30 in the career center. Parents should come when possible but it can be completed without a parent if the student brings all the right information.
Checklist for what to bring to your FAFSA appointment
• Parent(s) and student’s legal names
• Parent(s) and student’s social security numbers
• Parent(s) and students dates of birth
• Parent(s) and student driver’s license numbers
• W2 forms and other records of money earned in 2014
• 2014 Federal Income Tax Return
• Info for parents with whom you live (marriage date, divorce date, or separation date)
• Value of bank accounts and investments
• Student’s and parent’s Federal PIN numbers (if you already have them)
• Court papers if you have a legal guardian separate from your birth parent(s)